Saturday, February 14, 2009

The "Screw Love" Playlist

Yes, today's THAT day. The day where relationships that are based around possibly true love or probably not true love culminate to celebrate while the millions of singles cry into their Cheerios. I did not cry into my Cheerios this morning. I woke up at 12:30 PM. Aha! So yes, today probably sucks for most of you. (I assume about 65% of you, but probably more.) So here it is, the "Screw Love" Playlist!

The "Guy Who Got Dumped By His Girlfriend on Friday Even Though We've Lived Together for Three Months" Song
Ben Folds Five - "Song for the Dumped"
Why?: Because Ben makes an awesome song that's really funny, really honest, and I'm sure that you thought about 95% of what Folds is saying after the dumping.

The "Yeah, It's a Messy Breakup. Fiona Apple is Necessary" Song
Fiona Apple - "Oh Well"
Why?: Because there will be a moment where you have to handle it. And you'll cry, it's human. So Fiona Apple knows your pain.

The "Yeah, I Don't Have a Date or Do Anything, Really" Song
Grinderman - "No P---- Blues"
Why?: Because a lot of people probably relate to this more than they'd want to think.

The "I Think This Has to Do With A Breakup" Song
The Hives - "No Pun Intended"
Why?: It's fast paced, not moody, really. I don't know if it has anything to do with actually breakups or not being in love, but it does have the line "I never wanted this to end". So take that for what you will.

That's enough. Any good person will tell ya that you can't dwell on crappy circumstances too long. Happy Singles Awareness Day, kids!

No comments: